Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap

29th of February is something special. The day, only coming every after four years, should be spent well. So, I decided to make it simple, yet memorable. I went beck to where I am four years ago, and where I stayed for four years. Yep, I went back to my alma mater.


It changed a lot, physically. It is undergoing a major renovation to serve the students very well. However facelift it is receiving at the moment, the mentors whom I can't really forget were all the same. While I was walking, reminiscing my four years of pure pleasure inside the four corners of this academy, I saw my very strict Physics professor. I was just expecting a nod from her but she talked to me. I greeted her belated happy birthday since it was her birthday yesterday (too good her birthday falls on a regular day, 28th!). She is very proud of me, not because I am studying in the very first tuition-free university but because I left, in that very place, a legacy. She reminisced, in front of one of her student, how I dominated the school when I had a double victory at one time when both of my Science Investigatory Project (Pure and Applied Science) won in division level, and I have to choose over the two and I turned her down by not submitting my papers to the regional qualification panel and she was mad and all. For that moment at least. She was even giving me high remarks for being the only one to have a project in our curriculum when I wasn't even at the top section. She said, to her student, "This just proves that you need not to be on top to be the best."

And she congratulated me in advance, again, in front of her student, under the wild rays of sunlight, beside the most memorable pathway in my life, for she said I'm going to be successful, like she has the power to see the near future. And I just loved her more.

I heard she'll be leaving the school after the next school year. I am happy that she became my mentor. Although she was strict and all, I learned a lot from her, academically, but most of all, my discipline was honed because of her. More than a mentor, she was a mother. She never let us go outside without something retained in our inner selves. I may have not told her these words, but I know she is happy that someone like me, whom she never expected to like her, really appreciate her. I love you, Ma'am Santiago. :)

I also saw Mr. Collantes. My Research teacher, my second father, was also happy for me. I missed him, a lot. Our moment together, fighting together toward one goal, which is to get the crown and glory for our school, were the best moments in my high school life. He's the one guy whom I really will not forget for he honed me to become a systematic, scientific researcher. He unleashed the very best in me. He honed my speaking ability by grilling me over and over. He made me proud of myself especially in the times I want to hate me. He made me realize that honors are just rewards. And efforts are honors, too. I love you, Sir Jason!

And I was with my bestfriend since first year high school. I missed her, too. It was our first official bonding moments since last year. She helped me with my video project, then we ate at Mang Inasal in the mall nearest to us. Then we proceeded to Starbucks in SM San Lazaro. I treated her because I missed her. And being with her, sharing our stories while we are on our separate lives, just made us realize we're growing together while we are apart. Our friendship never faded given the time and space that literally separated us. And that's something we can cherish. Over time, we get to know other people, actually befriend other people, and go to other places, but at the end of the day, we're still best friends. And that our hearts, are our real homes. I love you a lot, Grace! :) :*


No comments:

Post a Comment