Sunday, December 30, 2012

12 Best Photos of 2012

2012 is a milestone for me. This year, I acquired my own camera (Voltz, a Canon 60D) and it let me explore the wonderful world of photography. I cannot say anything more about the photos, but yes,  I selected my 12 best shots for this year. Now, take a look at it. =)




12. Silhouettes and Fire (RAW)
Taken September 3, 2012 | PLM
I love this photograph because the sky is overly dramatic and the Gusaling Lacson is just so photogenic. Hahaha!

11. The Man Who Can't Be Moved (RAW)
Taken May 2, 2012 | Caloocan City Hall
As the Associate Editor and Photographer of t Insight: The First Philippine Electoral Magazine, I was tasked to take shots of Vice Mayor Egay Erice. I loved his Pixar-ish lampshade plus his office just have so many framing devices! (I hope I get paid with this hahaha!)


10. Willing to Learn (RAW)
Taken March 24, 2012 | Dasmarinas, Cavite
A random shot from the Tutorial Sessions in Dasma, Cavite powered by World Vision. Came out very good, and the natural color of the pic is just... priceless.


9. The Tale of the Sunsets (Post-processed)
Taken February 20, 2012 | Nueva Ecija
This is one of the experimental shots I did and it turned out cute. Read the tale here.


8. Good for Lent (Post-processed)
Taken March 31, 2012 | Cavite
With fellow bloggers for the World Vision Event, we were offered a very good lunch: all Filipino food that tasted very very nice. And this meal just give me gastronomic happiness. 

 7. Fun (RAW)
Taken March 26, 2012 | Intramuros, Manila
First Concept shoot with my 12-year old cousin. She enjoyed the shoot plus she felt she's already dalaga. 


6. Wedding Flowers (RAW)
Taken April 21, 2012 | Paoay, Ilocos Norte
I don't know what to say. The composition of this shot is just too perfect for me. the depth of field worked very well. This is just plain dramatic.


5. Lost (Post-processed)
Taken August 15, 2012 | Intramuros, Manila
Greg is just a very handsome guy, so when I had the chance to arrange a photo shoot with him, I did my best to take nice shots! And I think it turned out very well. I so love this guy! Walang arte, walang drama! 


4. Sound, Body and Soul (RAW)
Taken July 18, 2012 | San Andres Bukid, Manila
As a requirement for our Creative Portraiture Activity in our Photojournalism Class, I chose Shalem to be my model and luckily, she agreed to wear the clothes I asked her to wear and posed like a pro. this photograph was a runner-up for the best creative portraiture. 


3. Life and Death (Post-processed)
Taken September 2012 | Quezon City
As a cocoon takes care of the soon-to-be-colorful-butterfly, a dry leaf still clings to the stem.


2. Symbolism (RAW)
Taken August 1, 2012 | Quezon City
As a part of our Photo essay activity in Photojourn class, we were asked to see the reality of life. So, I went to Isla Pulo to take a shot of their daily living. This photo gave me a lot of praises and the photo essay was hailed as the best photo essay in full color.


1. First Shot (RAW)
Taken February 16, 2012 | Navotas City
This is my number 1 photo because it was the first time I shot in my own camera. And yes, family pictures are forever good. 









No comments:

Post a Comment